Back in the days of Prohibition and the Great Depression in the 1920s and early ‘30s, The Linden Hotel was called the “House of Plenty” and was better known than Frankenmuth is today.This is just one memory in time of this 175-year-old business, built in 1840. Its original location until 1954 was where the Beacon & Bridge gas station stands today, at the corner of East Broad and East Bridge streets.
“The Linden Hotel is the oldest continuously working business in Genesee County and last offered overnight lodging as recently as 1998, with 11 rooms and a community bath for just $10 a night.”
Today, that space has been remodeled into The Crow’s Nest, a bar/lounge area for the 21-and-older crowd. Below, the restaurant is still well known for its hospitality and large portions of homemade lunch and dinner entrees, plus homemade desserts.
THE LINDEN HOTEL
122 E. BROAD STREET
LINDEN, Michigan 48451